Getting packed for the hospital is so exciting as it means your new little bundle is almost here! But what to pack in your hospital bag can be a little overwhelming.
The list below is everything I packed when I was expecting all four of my kiddos. Take a peak and get packing!
1. Toiletries. Take your shampoo, conditioner, dry shampoo, razor, toothpaste, toothbrush, makeup, comb, brush, hair ties, and face wash. Any medicine you take should be included. At the hospital they will give you a prenatal vitamin daily, but if you would rather take yours, go for it. If you wear contacts or glasses, remember those. Also, all of the hospitals I delivered at had a hairdryer in the bathroom, but if your hospital doesn’t, pack one.
2. Your clothes. A few pairs of pajamas, a robe, slippers, flip flops for the shower, some maternity loungewear, underwear, (nursing) bras and your going home outfit should be enough. Make sure to pack at least one more set of pajamas and one more outfit than the number of days you will be gone in case any “leakage” occurs.
3. Baby Clothes- I usually took 3 outfits for baby, hats, newborn mittens, hair bows and a going home outfit. I also took some muslin blankets.
4. Baby Gear- Take your car seat, Boppy and wet wipes. Lots of times the hospitals we were at provided wipes you have to wet first. They aren’t very convenient, so having our own was a must. You don’t need to take diapers as all hospitals will provide you with a pack. Last, but not least, make sure your car seat base is installed in your car.
5. Electronics- Bring your iPhone, charger, and your laptop. Also, if you have a special camera you want to use, take that. I also always took a DVD to watch as we usually had some downtime the second night of our stay.
6. Your ID and insurance card- You will need these while checking in.
I would pack everything you can 3 weeks prior to your due date. Make a list of the items you want to take but can’t pack ahead, and place it on top of your hospital bag.
While we are on the topic of your hospital stay, I want to discuss items the hospital provides that you should take home with you.
1. All of the pads and mesh undies you can get your hands on. You will need them for awhile.
2. The feminine care squirt bottle.
3. All of the diapers the hospital placed in your room.
4. All of the baby toiletries they used. This includes, the comb, baby wash, and the bulb syringe for baby’s nose.
That is it. Happy labor and delivery day!