Dipped desserts are a great way to be creative in the kitchen without actually baking! Try making any of these 3 Easy Springtime Dipped Desserts today and you’ll be able to enjoy them in no time!
I love baking with the kids, but sometimes I don’t have the amount of time I would need to do the activity AND the clean-up associated with baking with children. So today, I am sharing 3 Easy Springtime Dipped Desserts that will save you a little headache but also allow you to still spend time working alongside your little ones in the kitchen.
Earlier this week, I ran to Michaels and picked up a few things I would need for these activities. First, candy melts are a must! You can even buy off of Amazon and have them show up at your door. The same goes for these edible candy eyes. Everything else I had at home.
Shopping List for all 3 Easy Springtime Dipped Desserts:
- Pretzel Rods
- Mini Pretzel Twists
- Vanilla Flavored Candy Melts (orange, green, yellow, blue, pink, purple)
- Edible Candy Eyes
- White Chocolate Chips
Carrot Dipped Pretzel Rods
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Melt orange discs according to package directions in a microwave safe bowl. (If doing the next activity below, save a few discs to be used for the orange decorating.)
- Dip pretzel rod into the orange, coating 3/4 of the rod. Place on lined baking sheet to cool. Repeat with desired about of pretzel rods.
- Meanwhile, melt 1/3 of the green discs according to package directions in another microwave safe bowl.
- Once orange coating has hardened, dip the uncovered part of the pretzel rod into the green and again place on baking sheet to cool. Repeat with remaining orange-coated pretzels.
- Once coating has hardened on pretzels, warm up the remainder of the orange and green coating in the bowls. Using a fork, drizzle the orange coating horizontally over the orange part of the pretzel. With another fork, drizzle the green coating vertically over the green part of the pretzel.
- Allow to harden and enjoy!
Chick and Duck Dipped Oreos
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and place a cooling rack on top.
- Melt white chocolate chips according to package directions in a microwave safe bowl.
- Dip an Oreo into the melted chocolate using a fork and place on wire rack. Immediately put 2 candy eyes on the cookie and allow to cool. Repeat with 1/2 the package of Oreos.
- Melt yellow discs according to package directions in a microwave safe bowl.
- Dip an Oreo into the yellow coating using a fork and place on wire rack. Immediately put 2 candy eyes on the cookie and allow to cool. Repeat with the remaining Oreos.
- Meanwhile, melt a few orange melting discs according to package directions in a microwave safe bowl and a few yellow discs in another bowl.
- Once cookie coating has hardened, use a chop stick to decorate the cookies with the melted yellow and orange.
- Allow to harden and enjoy!
Tie Dye Pretzels
- Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper.
- Place pretzels on one cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Melt 3/4 cup of yellow, pink, blue, purple and green discs in separate microwave safe bowls according to package directions.
- Rotating between colors, slowly drizzle the melting discs over the pretzels.
- Lightly drag a rubber scrapper through the melted colors to smooth the drizzle out and to create a tie dye appearance.
- Using a fork, transfer pretzels to the other cookie sheet and allow to harden.
I hope you enjoy making these 3 Easy Springtime Dipped Desserts just as much as my kids and I did!